Ultra-Crispy, Smash-Roasted Potatoes
Crazy crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, there’s a serious risk that only half of these will make it to the dinner table….
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 lbs. small potatoes
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- Salt& pepper
- Finely chopped parsley, optional garnish
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Cook potatoes until soft - small ones should take around 20 to 25 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Drain the potatoes and let them dry in the colander for 5 minutes or so.
- Place on the tray then use the heal of your hand squish them, keeping them in one piece. Thin = crisper. More nubbly surface = better crunch!
- Leave on the tray to steam dry for 5 minutes or so - makes them crispier!
- Drizzle with olive oil (about 1/4 tsp on each). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until deep golden and crispy. Do not flip!
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley if desired