Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
Brussel sprouts are no longer the plain green balls of Thanksgiving past! The best roasted Brussels sprouts are crisp and golden on the outside, and tender on the inside. They’re full of irresistible caramelized flavor and soak up all the bacon-goodness!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces slab bacon, cut into match sticks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise, from top to bottom. Toss the sprouts with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes on a baking sheet. Put in the oven and roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the sprouts are roasting, put the bacon in a small sauté pan with a splash of olive oil and bring the pan to medium heat. Cook the bacon until crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with the crispy bacon and serve