Grandpa's Favourite Brownies - Molten with Chocolate Chunks!
- YIELD: Makes 16
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) cocoa
- 3/4 cup (130g) brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups (290g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4.5oz (125g) dark chocolate (60-72%), chopped
- Place the flour, cocoa, both the sugars, the butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Lightly grease a 20cm square tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the brownie is set.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving warm, or allow to cool completely in the tin.
The brownie is ready when the top feels set to the touch. Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.