Broccolini with Miso Sesame Sauce and Lemon
6 to 8 servings
- Six bunches of broccolini or broccoli rabe (about 3 pounds total trimmed)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- 1 Tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin, sweet Japanese rice wine
- 1 Tbsp un-seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp vegetable or other neutral oil, divided
- 2 tsp honey, divided
- 1/2 lemon, seeds removed
- Toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Cook broccolini in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and crisp tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to paper towels. (if using broccoli rabe, steam for a similar amount of time)
- Meanwhile mix tahini, miso, soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tsp honey, and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl to combine; season sesame sauce with salt (if needed).
- Cut lemon lengthwise into quarters, then slice thinly crosswise. Toss in a small bowl with remaining 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and remaining 1 tsp of honey; season lightly with salt.
- Spread sesame sauce on a platter and arrange broccolini (or broccoli rabe) on top. Scatter lemon over; sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Enjoy with a crisp glass of Riesling!