Special "Wholesale Case Direct" pricing is available to club members on case purchases of this wine. Please click HERE for information and purchase.
- 40% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 40% Syrah
- 20% Cabernet Franc (Clone 214)
- All grapes were hand-picked from Certified Sustainable vines.
Aging: 14 months in once-used and neutral French oak
Vintage Notes: 2020 was a relatively warm year for Washington State with a significantly smaller crop than average. A freeze in the autumn of 2019 and some severe weather events in May 2020 impacted buds and fruit set which led to fewer and smaller clusters and berries. What we did not have in quantity certainly gave way to quality. Warm temperatures and sunshine in September and October allowed the berries to slowly develop sugars and flavors while maintaining acidity. Overall, a spectacular vintage showcasing aromatics and concentrated fruit.
Winemaker Notes: This blend greets the eye with a deep purple color with a slight brick red hue. On the nose you immediately sense cranberry, blueberry and a bright floral components. Weaving in and out are hints of vanilla, black pepper and bay leaf; notes that give this wine some pop in the glass. The palate has nice volume and roundness. This wine shows good balance throughout with an almost juicy acidity. It is smooth and approachable right now but could certainly be aged as well.
Recommended Food Pairings:
- Accompanies all types of beef dishes: roasted, grilled, braised and stewed
- Great with BBQ chicken or pork. Try with a sticky rack of ribs!
- Rich, tomato-based pizza and pasta dishes, such as lasagne
- Myriad of hard or soft cheese; including mac-n-cheese